RE: Bridging

  • Subject: RE: Bridging
  • From: Paul Barrett
  • Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2004 14:01:00 +0000

Hi Kevin

> Ahh ! I suppose in an RS232 world that is exactly what
> should happen
> but I can see where it comes from. Does your message then
> loop endlessly ??

No. The xAP-485 Connector (Hardware portion) can only transmit or receive
at
any one time.

> Just on another point we are having a bit of a
> 'brainstorm' on BSC
> right at this very moment and it may end up being a bit
> different from my
> original document on that subject - we are hoping to roll in
> some extra
> functionality here. Inparticular I would keep clear of the
> 'compound' status
> messages / control (anything involved with the 00 UID) - but I suspect
> you're not using them too much now with one input and output.
> It may change
> but I think whatever you do here would stand you in good
> stead for whatever
> comes out as definitive. You can regard the current BSC as a
> test/trail
> schema.

Right. I'll bear that in mind. This is one of the bits I haven't got
working
yet.

> Just out of interest - how much codespace, Ram and Flash are you
> using - and (being lazy) what are the capabilities of the 629 in this
> respect ?

1005 Words of Program Memory used
14 Bytes of RAM used
113 Bytes of EEPROM used

the 629 has
8 PIN package
6 IO lines of which 1 is input only
Internal 4MHz oscillator (Which I'm using)
An analog comparator
8-bit timer (I use this for serial timings)
16-bit timer (I use this for HBeat timings)
1024 words of FLASH program memory
64 Bytes of RAM
128 Bytes of EEPROM

The main problem I've had with this is that I have had to hard-code all of
the settings.

Paul