Re: Re Debug messages

Ah, looking at my code that encapsulates this schema it seems my
document isn't quite correct/complete. Also, I've got all the fields
set as optional, when it seems to me some of them ought to be
mandatory (Severity and Detail at minimum).

xAP Error/Debug Message Schema v1.0

Class = xAP.Debug

Debug
{
Error={error code number}
-- optional
Severity={info, warning, critical, fatal}
-- optional (default to info if not present)
Description={summary}
-- optional
Detail={longer detail message}
-- optional
Category={hierarchical error category}
-- optional
Logfile=
-- optional
}

Enables or disables debug output from a xAPp using this message block.

Debug.Enable
{
Severity={info, warning, critical, fatal}
-- mandatory
}

Class = xAP.Error

Distinguishes between technical errors (bugs) and application errors
(stuff that didn't work out right, or couldn't be completed). For
example, a technical error might be the result of a null pointer being
detected somewhere where it wasn't expected. An application error
might result from failure to validate a particular message targeted at
a device, or, say, failure of a local lookup for a scanned barcode or
similar.

Error
{
Error={error code number}
-- optional
Severity={info, warning, critical, fatal}
-- optional (default to info if not present)
Description={summary}
-- optional
Detail={longer detail message}
-- optional
Category={hierarchical error category}
-- optional
Logfile=
-- optional
}

Error.Application
{
--
Stuart Booth <stuart@xxxxxxx>
xAPFramework.NET - a xAP software development framework for .NET

http://www.xapautomation.org/
     http://www.xapframework.net/