Re: Strange Viewer issue

On Wed, 2 Jun 2004 14:49:03 +0100, "Patrick Lidstone \(Personal
e-mail\)" <patrick@xxxxxxx> wrote:

>I think there's a lot to be said for 1 UID per port. How else would you
>be
>able to tell whether or not an app had "gone away" and been
replaced by
>a new app which just happens to reuse the same port.

>From what I can recall (I haven't really touched this area of code in
ages, apart from the mods I made for James a while ago) I key my hub
client entries by port and address, so it can detect individual apps
on the same port (for whatever reason) that are no longer
heartbeating.

I'll have to dig through some old emails to uncover why HS works this
way, unless James jumps in.

I think it's been working fine for James for some time now? He'll be
able to offer more words on this one than I can as I don't have a HS
setup here so I've not used his HS plugin at all.

Stuart Booth <stuart@xxxxxxx>
xAPFramework.net - a xAP software development framework for .net

http://www.xapautomation.org/
     http://www.xapframework.net/