RE: Strange Viewer issue

  • Subject: RE: Strange Viewer issue
  • From: "Kevin Hawkins" <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2004 13:08:30 +0100

What I'm thinking is that when HomeSeer for example sends its
message.display out it doesn't in any way use your hub - it simply sends
the
UDP packet out to the broadcast address - the fact that a remote app
(different PC) doesn't act on it is strange and must be to do with the
message construct or the broadcast - it can't in any way be caused by the
hub, or at least not the hub running on the sending machine. The fact a
remote Viewer sees it also indicates its more likely to be the message
construct than the UDP broadcast. However something is different in the way
that the message is then resent by Viewer that makes it work. Parameter
re-ordering is an obvious possibility but I don't think that is the issue
here. I am not convinced on this multiple interface issue either - I think
that may be a red herring re this particular setup.

Is there still an ability to see the (true) hex data for the incoming
packet
in Viewer Stuart ?