Re: xAP applications & Schema

  • Subject: Re: xAP applications & Schema
  • From: Stuart Booth
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 19:16:00 +0000

On Tue, 27 Jan 2004 22:09:08 -0800, "Michael McSharry"
<<a
href="/group/xAP_developer/post?postID=AoyPpcQZrgoGkfcfBAukblL3WPQXkIOFeEy4SeiXOBlypJrsLuHB9fDn3kcW_NgdLSa5292SngbNgY6nPw9mf35zcLZw">mcs101main@w...</a>>
wrote:

>I have been using mcs.mcsAudrey and mcs.mcsMusic for the first two
components
of the address. I have used "FF000C00" and "FF000D00"
as the IDs respectively.
I do not know if these are officially managed by the organization or
totally
open for user selection.

--

There is a list of all allocated Vendor IDs (the "mcs" part) so
that

The UIDs (FF000C00 and FF000D00) are, I think, intended to be user
configurable to suit their own xAP network. Mine are mostly random at
the moment. They could easily clash with other devices as a result but
I Viewer highlight this when it happens so I can easily spot it.

We really must crack on with a more generalised display schema one
day. There is one suggestion kicking around but I've not applied it to
anything yet myself because of the usual ToDo list items getting in
the way. I tend to experiment with whatever takes my fancy first and
foremost! I can send over the suggestion document if you wanted to see
it and perhaps improve upon it?

Stuart Booth <<a
href="/group/xAP_developer/post?postID=JJunzYaA9x7JlEbK8uS9ClKRFNzeA8NA1XyRL2bwmqTp5oV7ZPnLW1cvkf0vA5ftic0L67xS5hR0oe84Iz5d">stuart@x...</a>>
xAPFramework.net - a xAP software development framework for .net