RE: xAP & SlimServer

  • Subject: RE: xAP & SlimServer
  • From: Kevin Hawkins
  • Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 13:27:00 +0000

href="/group/xAP_developer/post?postID=WUIJR0tbNvl2KgIk7-6O5ZqpbSbh81E1WlBDSKBtlheBA7Qj_mgHcL8lbSM_PVKcW8l5TlE89i_bWx3xNjgZsPndF9drG5C8">stuart.poulton@a...</a>]
> Sent: 27 February 2004 13:06
>
> Apologies for the delay in responding, I'm happy to see
> Slim used, I'll start using this in the Slimserver perl
> from now on.

I think Slim is much better as it removes the SliMP3 v Squeezebox vs
SoundBridge issues

> A question for those using Slim's what OS are you running
> the server on ? Currently I'm developing and testing on
> Linux, I will however test on Doze just need to decide
> which version ?

I run XP as my main server - I also run Mac as a small second server. I
have
intentions to move to Linux and indeed I have my Linux install all done and
running but haven't installed the Slim Server yet - that bit is a whole new
territory for me so I keep putting it off.

I hope to run VMWare or more likley VirtualPC on this machine too but
currently it has one large Linux partition that I need to resize to allow
for Windows partitions to be added - I have Partition Magic but I see a
'start from scratch' scenario easily developing here when that goes wrong.