Re: xAP & SlimServer

  • Subject: Re: xAP & SlimServer
  • From: Stuart Poulton
  • Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 13:05:00 +0000

href="/group/xAP_developer/post?postID=pEE9Dnf5YNQH_al6j5vmbgxAltDpota00TkGrpiN--m507kgQpwB6GgB4fZP1bptLzM0RvMG">James@m...</a>>
wrote:

> >> How would you feel about using a more general device name of
"Slim"
> >> instead of the more specific "SliMP3"?
> >
> >It seems a sensible change. Would it make sense to make the change
when
> >you adapt to the newer Whole House Audio schema with the tweaks
from
> >Edward? That way if you seem Slimp3 it's the old schema and Slim
is the
> >new schema.
>
> 3 of 1, half of 6 of the other to me, but this does define a nice
> natural break from one to another, so I think I shall.

Apologies for the delay in responding, I'm happy to see Slim used, I'll
start using this in the Slimserver perl from now on.

A question for those using Slim's what OS are you running the server on
? Currently I'm developing and testing on Linux, I will however test on
Doze just need to decide which version ?