Re: Audio Control schema changes

  • Subject: Re: Audio Control schema changes
  • From: Stuart Booth
  • Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2004 18:16:00 +0000

On Sat, 14 Feb 2004 16:30:05 +0000, James <<a
href="/group/xAP_developer/post?postID=Uv0GOaej6yde8azAnidWCD7LOwuZadfEcGp-2MBLrayUmj0v0FuBK6H8RkqeEYYO5quRYvYH">James@m...</a>>
wrote:

>I vote for using 0-100%.

And not for having both absolute time-based and percentage-based
values possible?

The options as I see them are:

1. Position in bytes
2. As a percentage
3. Time-based (mm:ss) [NOT supported by the Exstreamer]
4. Time-based (mm:ss) *or* percentage acceptable; distinguishable by
length of field/character content.

Any other possibilities?

I'd prefer time-based (mm:ss) or percentage being possible in the same
field.

Since this information comes only from the device it could support
whichever it can deal with. Oh, then again Audio.Seek positions the
device if it supports that.

If I have a song playing I might want to skip past the intro, so I'd
always want to work in mins/secs. I for one personally hate spoken
intro's in most cases and like to skip past them. I wouldn't want to
have to guestimate percentage through the track in this sort of case
because I never know how long a song is. "Skip forward 50s" is
much
easier.

Stuart Booth <<a
href="/group/xAP_developer/post?postID=NGCLIh1yZ8Kgu0uh_AH463nuinhzmNBB2-AWtBCJDDiDjNzOspKIelFBEFMtVa7ybm267_amCQaCRNdvK90">stuart@x...</a>>
xAPFramework.net - a xAP software development framework for .net