Re: Audio Control schema changes

  • Subject: Re: Audio Control schema changes
  • From: Stuart Booth
  • Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2004 16:02:00 +0000

A thought:

66
Class=xAP-Audio.Transport.Info
This should be periodically transmitted by the unit to indicate
progress through the current track.

Transport.Info
{
Mode=[Play  Pause  Stop]
Sleep=[Yes  No]
Power=[On  Off]
Length="LengthInBytes"
--- 0 if mode=stop
Position="PositionInBytes"
--- 0 if mode=stop
Index="playlist index"
--- optional
Decoder="encoding:bit-rate:sample-rate"
--- optional and only if mode=play
}

Optionally this block can be followed by a Track.Info block (defined
below) the describes the track now playing.
99

You suggest sending a Length and Position of 0 when mode is stopped.

This makes me think that at the moment the transport is stopped it
would be useful to send out this information in case resumption from
this point is desired - mind you, that's what Pause is for.

Or if required the device commanding this action can always request
the current information with a Class=xAP-Audio.Query, Track.Query
message, then issue a Stop command in a Audio.Transport message.

All fairly esoteric now I type it up, so maybe not! But since I've
written it all... <send>

Stuart Booth <<a
href="/group/xAP_developer/post?postID=wAYMr6HF7PkWykktg7VWzQHehm1NsCaChMA2BmFeCuy8mrgmo0lWoXTvQX-W6tAaJbwId6Gvvf9oc0h4sK0F8l3o">stuart@x...</a>>
xAPFramework.net - a xAP software development framework for .net