RE: Wildcarding query

  • Subject: RE: Wildcarding query
  • From: "Ian B" <ian.bird@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 22:42:59 -0000

For what it is worth my understanding of all this is the same as Kevin's I
think. I do agree it can get horribly complicated with the '*' and '>'
and
the ':'. If it can be simplified this would be a good thing.

In my rather limited apps I definitely do not consider the colon equal to a
dot. I think this would be wrong and potentially dangerous as far as
processing a message is concerned.

Otherwise extensive explained (step by step) examples are needed as we can
see from the number of interpretations seen so far.

Ian

simple view is a