Was Re: Wildcarding query - Now Targeting

  • Subject: Was Re: Wildcarding query - Now Targeting
  • From: "turner228" <kevin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 19:02:52 -0000

On the subject of targeting - maybe I have misunderstood but I
believe that targeting of informational messages has value.

For instance, I would want to receive messages telling me how many
email messages I have, and my wife similarly would want to know how
many she had. We have no interest in how many the other has.

I have produced a number of displays for Desktop, primarily as a
learning exercise and starting with display schema displays, but I
can see how I might move on to creating more complex displays or
Desktop Applicsations if you like, which would include display
schema displays. And it is likely that there could be more than one
of these applcations loaded. Currently I don't think the desktop
fully supports targeting and all display schema messages go to all
displays, but I have asked James to consider including it.

Another xAP application I have been thinking about is one which
listens to BSC messages and interprets them, so triggering a Display
message. For instance, if the "Front Gate" was opened a message
might be sent to a display on my PC and a VFD display in the
kitchen, but not to other displays. The BSC message might be
interpreted somewhere else to trigger a Camera Capture, etc

Hope this makes sense