RE: Re: BSC and OneWire] + X10 mapping

I'm a little behind with the list. Just catching up.

> What are those doing BSC for the X10 interface adapters doing
> to map the 255 BSC codes into the 256 X10 codes?

My CM12 connector avoids this issue by not implementing an automatic
mapping
between the X10 address space and the xAP addressing method. I did this on
purpose because I didn't want the brain-dead X10 addressing infecting the
xAP network. A xAP network that ends up with addresses like A8 and G12
flying round on it isn't progress in my book. On my BSC enabled connector,
there's a config (GUI) address map where there's one entry for each X10
device on the network. The address map entry includes: X10 address, xAP
address, xAP sub-UID, module type, module display name. eg:

UID: 04
X10address: C7
xAPaddress: LivingRoom.Lamp
DisplayText: living room lamp
ModuleType: Dimmer

So you can only configure 255 X10 modules. Not a major limitation as far as
I can see! The address map can be configured by the GUI or from importing
either an XML or CSV file. The next version will allow this to be
configured
by a configuration schema.

The connector supports both the X10 schema and the BSC schema (user
configurable either or both). X10 network traffic observed for an X10
module
that has no address map set up is forwarded to the X10 schema but not the
BSC schema.