Re: xFx tutorials (was GUI Plugin bits)

  • Subject: Re: xFx tutorials (was GUI Plugin bits)
  • From: John B
  • Date: Mon, 05 Apr 2004 06:48:00 +0000

MessageI got the motivation to give this a try and finally installed the
Visual
Studio that I bought a year ago. When I try to open the xapFramework
project it
tells me that a newer version is needed. Does this mean that Visual Studio
.Net
2002 is now obsolete?

Yes - Visual Studio .NET 2003 has been out for about a year now.

Microsoft had an offer where you could upgrade from 2002 to 2003 for
approx. £20
- but AFAIK that offer ended back in September, though it might be worth
checking the Microsoft site to see what the situation is now.

The big advantage of 2003 is it uses the .NET framework v1.1, and there are
also
quite a few changes to both the IDE itself, as well as the underlying
technologies.

HTH,

John