Re: RE: Slim Conduit Feature request vs. GUI Plugin bits feat. MC Booth and the plugin boys

  • Subject: Re: RE: Slim Conduit Feature request vs. GUI Plugin bits feat. MC Booth and the plugin boys
  • From: Stuart Booth
  • Date: Sun, 04 Apr 2004 19:36:00 +0000

On Sun, 28 Mar 2004 17:06:00 +0100, "Edward Pearson"
<<a
href="/group/xAP_developer/post?postID=P9pMcQbLQFFmr8FPcG-Hi-7a3FhwduUl5lFtSYHuCiubtGeMcl11zd4dz6J06f3fVUltGFa0TbjVgDfE5nBA2njVRoLcbjM">edward.mailgroup@b...</a>>
wrote:

>OK, so I just got down and did the props dialog myself.
>
>Here's a version of the X10 connector to check out. It uses the xml
file to
>store its properties. Only the serialport setting is taken notice of at
the
>moment. So I think (but I'm not sure) that the .dll goes in the plugins
>folder of the GUI runtime and the .xml file goes in the same folder as
the
>runtime exe. Stuart fancy checking it out quickly?

Heya Edward,

I'm not sure how far you got exploring the configuration file stuff
that xFx provides, if at all. There's a range of stuff that I use
extensively throughout all of xFx and my own xFx-based applications.

Anyways, as part of the documentation of plugin authoring I decided I
needed to cover this topic. I was about to write a bit about
persisting the config of the plugin to a file when I realised I really
needed to describe the general facilities available in xFx first of
all.

So if you haven't explored this much yet, this article listed below
may be of interest. However I'm not sure if it really tells you what
you need to know. If there are bits that don't make sense or need
further clarification do let me know:

<<a href="http://www.xapframework.net/modules.php?name=Sections&op=viewarticle&artid=14";>http://www.xapframework.net/modules.php?name=Sections&amp;op=viewarticle&amp;artid=14</a>>

Just as a general aside for anybody interested in any of my waffle
(!), the complete set of articles can be found listed here:

<<a href="http://www.xapframework.net/modules.php?name=Sections&op=listarticles&secid=3";>http://www.xapframework.net/modules.php?name=Sections&amp;op=listarticles&amp;secid=3</a>>

Stuart Booth <<a
href="/group/xAP_developer/post?postID=Vmk4IdyZuCjZ1eY8m9QjXH7m30HsYVq0L5eXj3eof7zC-R1Ks_iMYaVpuCkTriJzLnP12KGFOF2yPqdLFsg8">stuart@x...</a>>
xAPFramework.net - a xAP software development framework for .net