Re: Mi4 - PC.Status and PC.Alarm schema queryette

  • Subject: Re: Mi4 - PC.Status and PC.Alarm schema queryette
  • From: Stuart Booth
  • Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2003 00:41:00 +0000

On Sun, 28 Sep 2003 00:05:10 +0100, James <<a
href="/group/xAP_developer/post?postID=AqaXnDR7oTC9BdASIeIb6RNsFXENAbimvMTO4M6UKEPvzIJiEdsxONjlaWkQ9YCwlu8xw_1Q">James@m...</a>>
wrote:

>> One has DRV, the other has Drive. Is that right?
>In the sense of right and wrong it's right. In the sense of should it
>be, then its very wrong.
>
>Watcher was three programs before launch, this is one of those
hangovers
>from the merge that needs storting. It makes sense to swap to
"Memory"
>and "Drive" as these are also section headings.

Excellent. That was my choice too! The change is no problem from my
POV ... [moments pass] ... 'tis done.

>I have just figured out how to make Watcher when running as a service
>display the current user and not "Serivce" so a new update
will be out
>soon. I will use the updated schema in it. It will also feature an
>option to output the active window title, although this would be off by
>default.

Remind me to check your schema document page so I can update my code.
That is a problem with encapsulating schema with a nice interface that
maps onto the fields neatly ... it's subject to change as the schema
changes. But the error handling, compactness and neatness it provides
are worth the effort I feel. For instance:

xAPPCStatusMessage pc_status_msg = new xAPPCStatusMessage ();
pc_status_msg.AddMessageBlock(new xAPPCStatusCPUBlock(50, 8));
pc_status_msg.AddMessageBlock(new xAPPCStatusUserBlock("Stuart",
true));
pc_status_msg.AddMessageBlock(new xAPPCStatusDriveBlock("C",
1024, 512, "OS"));
:

Or:

xAPWeatherReportMessage msg = new xAPWeatherReportMessage ();
xAPWeatherReportBlock block = msg.WeatherReportBlock;
block.Cloud = "Clear Skies";
block.TempCentigrade = 24;
block.WindCompassDirection = COMPASS_DIRECTION.NW;
:
msg.AddMessageBlock(block);

Speaking of changing schemas, I just popped in to inform one and all
that the entire PC.Status/Request/etc schema set are now fully
supported with xAPFramework. And I've added a batch of automatic tests
to my framework test routines too (hence the code above).

I then had a look on your site at the HomeSeer schema. How static is
this do you think? Should I leave that one for the time being as it's
a work in progress?

>I am just typing up the schema for my sms program at the mo. Another to
>add to the todo list.

Arg! :) Wrapping up schema is something I may leave for a few days as
it's pretty mind numbing work to be honest.

>Sending is the same as Patricks SMS, but it has an
>additional one for receipt of sending.

Oh, hecky thump, I'd all but forgotten about Patrick's stuff since
he's gone. I'll worry about those schema another day. I've still got
some stuff for Kevin on the ToDo list next.

Stuart Booth
xAPFramework.net - a reusable xAP framework for .net

<a
href="/group/xAP_developer/post?postID=dOWableEswdBi9jy-sE0OZ605aKdk4mCHPes84MAmPBaxSZ7jA9OAIGq-mv_Fs5bpFS89RnjX267SgEeJGSvjA">stuart@x...</a>