RE: News.Report message schema in xAPFramework.net

  • Subject: RE: News.Report message schema in xAPFramework.net
  • From: Kevin Hawkins
  • Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 00:19:00 +0000

href="/group/xAP_developer/post?postID=uHZ9j9GT6V1G3igh1TDji_YjmxOp1lgu2NUkTRNSnW8VVAA9KWK99AfmLRjlTHEkmwprqKSQ5WY">James@m...</a>]
> Sent: 23 September 2003 22:56
> >
> The next generation of news will be like this. One app that provides
> multiple feeds, done as you say using subIDs

Great..I think that seems to be the way to go..

> > etc with mi4.news.myPC being FF234400 and sending the heartbeat
> on this
> > UID ?
> >
> > certainly what you have currently is two totally different source
> addresses
> >
> > m14.news.xapautomation FF234400
> > mi4.news.reuters FF234400
> >
> > ... but they have the same UID ! which isn't right
> In the directory with news.exe is a text file. In there you can set
the
> UID as well as other program options. As you have seen

Ahh - what I meant was that when you launch one news watcher application
but
then change the news feed in the drop down menu the source address changes
but the UID remains the same - somewhat irrelevant if it's changing to subs
in the future though

> almost sounds planned.

... almost !

We need to push forward on the issue of datagrams that may need more
than 1500 bytes of data - is this causing you a few problems currently ? -
I saw an adjacent post -