RE: News.Report message schema in xAPFramework.net

  • Subject: RE: News.Report message schema in xAPFramework.net
  • From: James
  • Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 22:56:00 +0000

> - I don't think you are actually using any ":" sub addresses
within the news
> application eg by perhaps representing each news feed as a separate
source
> and with its own UID ?

Every news app is a seperate app currently
> A thought.. perhaps it may be better to name your source addresses as
>
> mi4.news.myPC:xapautomation FF234401
> m14.news.myPC:reuters FF234402

The next generation of news will be like this. One app that provides
multiple feeds, done as you say using subIDs
> etc with mi4.news.myPC being FF234400 and sending the heartbeat on
this
> UID ?
>
> certainly what you have currently is two totally different source
addresses

> m14.news.xapautomation FF234400
> mi4.news.reuters FF234400
>
> ... but they have the same UID ! which isn't right
In the directory with news.exe is a text file. In there you can set the
UID as well as other program options. As you have seen

> ...so if you did want this then they should be numbered FF234400 and
> FF234500 say and generate a heartbeat on each - perhaps to show that
the
> news feed from each source is alive (?) . This would raise a few
config
> issues too as you are occupying several UID's with one application...
- I
> tend to think the sub addresses are the easiest way.
dare I say xAP Config protocol????????

> This is an interesting scenario though where there is an application
> for software streams to be represented using subs (which were
originally
> envisaged for hardware endpoints)- but the streams are really end
points -
> or sources; which seems reasonable...

almost sounds planned.
> Kevin