Re: Problems installing xAP watcher

  • Subject: Re: Problems installing xAP watcher
  • From: John B
  • Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 06:48:00 +0000

> In July my PC was win2k,its now XP. TBH I will probably swap back to
> 2000 anyway. VB version was the same on both installs. The OS is the
> only difference I can see. Anyone know a good way to package a VB6
> program into an MSI file?? As an msi it should be more reliable.

Microsoft released the Visual Studio Installer a while ago - it allows you
make MSI files out of your VB6 projects and is a free download to all
owners of
Visual Studio 6.0:

It's basically an early version of what is included in Visual Studio .NET.
It
doesn't have some of the refinements of the .NET version, but it's
perfectly
sufficient for most setup projects.

HTH,

John