Re: Problems installing xAP watcher

  • Subject: Re: Problems installing xAP watcher
  • From: James
  • Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 23:29:00 +0000

> Sadly not. Or at least I still get the same error message. I haven't
> let it do its thing and reboot though. Do you want me to try it out in
> full?

Drat, Plan B.
I have just uploaded a newer version that includes this weekends fix for
when the packet went over 1500. Other difference is that VB6 is now
SP5, i think it was only sp1 before.
> Interestingly, this *didn't* occur with the older xAPNews from July
> that I found on my HD ! I was sure it happened on another app
> yesterday, but I may be mistaken now.

In July my PC was win2k,its now XP. TBH I will probably swap back to
2000 anyway. VB version was the same on both installs. The OS is the
only difference I can see. Anyone know a good way to package a VB6
program into an MSI file?? As an msi it should be more reliable.