Re: Problems installing xAP watcher

  • Subject: Re: Problems installing xAP watcher
  • From: James
  • Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 22:19:00 +0000

Hi,
I'm not exactly sure why this is happening. I have tried it on my XP pc
and it installs fine, but I have seen this happen on one of our machines
at work. If anyone who is getting this error has a free moment and
wouldn't mind trying this, I would be most grateful in knowing if it
works:

Inside the zip are three files setup.exe XXX.cab and setup.lst
Open setup.lst in notepad
In the [Bootstrap Files] section delete every line except @vb6stkit.dll
and @msvbvm60.dll.
Rename the start of the remaining lines as File1=,File2=
Run setup.exe
Fingers crossed that shold now work!

If it doesn't, try removing the remaining two lines. As Stuart said you
can get the exe out of the cab file. To install the service you need to
run the exe with /I and to uninstall /U

Thanks

James
www.mi4.biz