Re: Re: An Ethernet question

  • Subject: Re: Re: An Ethernet question
  • From: Stuart Booth
  • Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 15:39:00 +0000

On Tue, 16 Sep 2003 10:28:24 -0400, "<a
href="/group/xAP_developer/post?postID=mHaM6uYmsP6BpcShWfiAPQyUUVotcC9vba5AdajYvCqWrQPZOoa0t53ut4ghAMtr62JbcaCbXxc">i.bird@t...</a>"
<<a
href="/group/xAP_developer/post?postID=BdrnuOxTWmK8_zj8E-awc9iug3uSpSbWrvtuXIGNcWvd_mjq94OEM-HFYh8h36qDqmCnmMPZT8ahHQ">Ian@M...</a>>
wrote:

>Thanks Mark
>
>The from and to bit makes more sense of the jungle.
>
>In summary in my little embedded application:
>I listen to port 3639 at all times from a xAP slant.
>I send to port 3639 at all times from a xAP slant.
>I send from whichever port I please as there are no competing
applications.

Yup, spot on!

>and finally
>can I open another port concurrently, say port 80 for a web server? The
>W3100A TCP/IP chip will support 4 concurrent sessions according to the
>specs (and is this what it means)?

Are you after creating a connection to a web server running elsewhere
on the network? That'll work just fine. It's just another IP:port
endpoint that you're establishing.

One of my own combinations is to run the SliMP3Connector alongside a
TiVoYACConnector all in the one application. This has a TCP/IP
connection to a SliMP3Server as well as one to a TiVo, in addition to
all the xAP infrastructure it requires.

And if it's running as a Hub, it'll have a connection to each of any
registered Hub Clients too, although I can't remember how I
implemented that now. Diddling with the listener code isn't something
I've had to do in a fair old while now.

Stuart Booth
xAPFramework.net - a reusable xAP framework for .net

<a
href="/group/xAP_developer/post?postID=y9tL0XAZ_Xm3b075kjNY1kYP1ltz_13oj9LEaBSU22mrmqMyps_k1w1yBJOTqIc-K0WFk6LDVUdMt4Law8By">stuart@x...</a>