RE: An Ethernet question

  • Subject: RE: An Ethernet question
  • From: Broadfoot, Kieran J
  • Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 10:01:00 +0000

Its worth bearing in mind that both TCP and UDP talk over IP. IP does the
routing of messages across a network hence addressing is handled at this
level. UDP and TCP can both do point to point and broadcast but differ in
that TCP is an acknowledged protocol which requires more overhead. Given
the nature of xAP UDP makes more sense and it should be simpler to
implement
in smaller devices.

see <a href="http://tunnel.mrq3.com/explain/node2.html";>http://tunnel.mrq3.com/explain/node2.html</a>
for further details