Re: News.Report schema

  • Subject: Re: News.Report schema
  • From: Stuart Booth
  • Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2003 21:34:00 +0000

On Mon, 08 Sep 2003 21:15:15 +0100, James <<a
href="/group/xAP_developer/post?postID=bcISSh71tiv-p5bDYLCQzNjhSWeHM1jDp1U-bYTR0hHGsSQXoGP-CL-xpit5vd_OJEj37g">James@m...</a>>
wrote:

>Yes they are the only two options. If there was no error then there is
>no error line. Weather is the same too.
>Ping schema will be on the site soon, in case you thought you were
>finished with them!

Hah! I started doing this last night (hence the query) but then
decided to fix my Service application bugs instead. These are all now
working just great, pumping out the right heartbeats, with the right
UIDs, and all installable in the Services manager application
correctly and individually.

I can now combine any number or combination of my xAPplications
together as a single installable Windows Service, but each xAP module
can be started/stopped/paused individually. Or I can install the xAP
modules as separate Services (for all intents and purposes, the same
thing). Or I can run them as a console application just by changing
the runtime application for them. The choice is yours. This allows for
a highly configurable environment. If you know what you're doing/what
you want.

I'm going to update my web site with these first as these are just a
few bug fixes of xAPFramework release v1.2.5[.x]. I'll wrap your
schema's up in v1.2.6[.x] so I've kept the new files out of the
project for now.

FWIW, I've prefixed all my xAP module service names with "xAP "
so I
can find them all together in the Services list in Windows.

Stuart Booth
xAPFramework.net - a reusable xAP framework for .net

<a
href="/group/xAP_developer/post?postID=GT026M_fU4M8HrTrcyMKQfktgoQDSJPaP-roN0K8-jE4suNxdk8vkMPJkIkzIyUB8gr1NUf7UZ8Qk7yPM2GVbfw">stuart@x...</a>