Re: xAP-Update or config and a tad on discovery - long

  • Subject: Re: xAP-Update or config and a tad on discovery - long
  • From: Stuart Booth
  • Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2003 01:09:00 +0000

Back to this one again, Ian, and more queries for you, including some
real novice ones too!

On Fri, 5 Sep 2003 07:50:38 -0400, "<a
href="/group/xAP_developer/post?postID=qHD0FpBdRR253amXwxFIGyAgHxYv1t63JbD9_f14ktqDeLopwGcccIlRMgWvlUZY3n-CT_Y66jqZ">i.bird@t...</a>"
<<a
href="/group/xAP_developer/post?postID=gsbE-pX_PXuAk-DCJCg8GEyzOyNZYB8YyE2O4ar9VUvzTvgsbh5F_fgPYLnwk0PTmQXbn5Cj_Xg7z8ZloA">Ian@M...</a>>
wrote:

>>Does the RB3_1Controller only send a h/b once it receives a Respond
>>command or is it pumping them out using some default parameters as
>>soon as it 'boots'?

>It sends heartbeats in the normal way - on startup and at 5 mninute
>intervals by default. The interval is user configurable. The respond
>command is a way of forcing a heartbeat on demand.

I take it that the device will start pumping out h/b's with some
default values.

So when you power up the device it uses its 'firmware' values and off
it goes?

Does the default h/b propagate onto the Ethernet xAP network at this
stage? Is the RBControl device the thing that sits on the end of the
RS232 link?

I've not thought about h/w in any real way before so I'm interested in
the background now you've got something going.

Stuart Booth
xAPFramework.net - a reusable xAP framework for .net

<a
href="/group/xAP_developer/post?postID=wkaUfhgrgOeDzVvPNg318Wn6OQ4AMDQ_iZjNz42PZIHCinhjnqeR42sO8BRV0vqHZ4A9hjVy7u1Mkn2aICo">stuart@x...</a>