Re: xAP / xPL Gateway

  • Subject: Re: xAP / xPL Gateway
  • From: Stuart Booth
  • Date: Fri, 05 Sep 2003 23:39:00 +0000

On Fri, 5 Sep 2003 23:35:21 +0100, "Ian Lowe" <<a
href="/group/xAP_developer/post?postID=AkLmaYlOAklJ4ouE7-p1F1X8O3nDTyxO_YRt76u8zB2sQc4RLJD4U2T4t_EYm__A7Km4GFCFXe4Wrl4uwDhsYjk">ian@w...</a>>
wrote:

>> In fact every single one of my applications can be the hub too. I
>> believe Keiran was doing much the same in his apps as it happens.
>
>Ahh, okay.
>
>well, a quick discussion later, and it looks likely that we will build
a xAP
>hub into the xPLHal engine. It already includes an xPL Hub, and as
xPLHal
>runs as a windows service, and it is likely to simply cause problems if
the
>xAP hub may or may not be present, it probably makes sense for it to be
>embedded.

What will happen if there is already a xAP Hub running on the system?

For myself I just made my apps attempt to start as a Hub and if it
detects one already then it instead becomes a Hub Client. That way I
just start my apps in any order and they all just work correctly.

I can though opt to configure any to specifically and only start as
either a Hub or as a HubClient, rather than detecting things
automatically by default.

Stuart Booth
xAPFramework.net - a reusable xAP framework for .net

<a
href="/group/xAP_developer/post?postID=NWKQwh8ERQMUK_BccTuI673AgXyRoLwMEzjztC_WJHDl_05BfxFtaWxYw6yLJGb0xWOKTZu8S7Wil4kK2QAP4Q">stuart@x...</a>