Re: xAP-Update or config and a tad on discovery - long

  • Subject: Re: xAP-Update or config and a tad on discovery - long
  • From: Stuart Booth
  • Date: Fri, 05 Sep 2003 13:26:00 +0000

On Fri, 5 Sep 2003 07:50:38 -0400, "<a
href="/group/xAP_developer/post?postID=FYorRM4uybJqcSUcM7Qors9O1odBw-wgtdnc1Ati3hhm8E1ky1Jp33aW_U9EVhA63hzZELCZ7Ck">i.bird@t...</a>"
<<a
href="/group/xAP_developer/post?postID=QmfI6tf8Fx3bEOY8iMMa86lsm7GtNIXrfUri_NtKJeZhEMCSLh8QdbG39HfLiGnd990XuJnlotF_58Yd">Ian@M...</a>>
wrote:

>>even though I'm not
>>aware of a single person actually using any of my xAPFramework!!
:lol:
>It'll happen.

I now have the words "If you build it, they will come..."
floating
around my head :))

Actually in some respects, nobody using it means no support
requirements other than my own and what comes up in discussions here.
This is good in some ways.

My interest in the configuration schema is so that I can enable my own
apps with it. I find editing the application config file and making
sure they each have the correct IDs to be somewhat tiresome, frankly.

I definitely plan to encapsulate your final configuration schema in my
own framework code, although I'm not at all sure what I'll do for the
value named pairs (TableLamp=On), as that's a new concept that isn't
as easy to code directly for.

At the moment this is easy to code:

message_block.Device = "TableLamp";
message_block.Value = "On";

I'm going to see what I can come up with to handle that Device name
type of field better and still make the code readable.

More words on the schema tonight when I can spend more time on it.

Stuart Booth
xAPFramework.net - a reusable xAP framework for .net

<a
href="/group/xAP_developer/post?postID=gHzs7-j-5WK6-uIiGoLqXY92imqhCj8OHsipnjPIHBLPpM_TtjY39SA4CiRFt-NC9ApzMEa9l98ZO07r_w0LVQ">stuart@x...</a>