RE: Re: Renaming of instances and SubInstances?

  • Subject: RE: Re: Renaming of instances and SubInstances?
  • From: Kevin Hawkins
  • Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2003 17:54:00 +0000

- I was trying to draw attention to now and upcoming applications Stuart -
of course I assumed everyone knew about yours as they pioneered this
territory !

Oops sorry - K

Actually I have a question - a very fundamental one - came from a remark
James made - given that I have a device say

acme.xapper.downstairs with 2 outputs that control lights

acme.xapper.downstairs:TableLamp
and acme.xapper.downstairs:CentreLight

which do people feel is right within a Body section called output
say

output <<< This is how most people seem to go now
{
device=TableLamp
state=ON
}

OR

Output
{
TableLamp=ON
}

This has a fundamental bearing in handling multiple devices with a body

Eg

Output
{
device=TableLamp
state=ON
device=CentreLight
state=OFF
device=TableLamp
device=CentreLight
state=ON
}

Bearing in mind the ordering of name value pairs is not defined -
and indeed is reordered by some hubs currently ;-)

Or are we saying this has to be handled with mulitiple bodies and no
name value pair can be repeated ?

Output.
{
device=TableLamp
device=CentreLight
state=ON
}

being not legal - it's a bit like the housecode /action two stage process
in
X10 if this is right......

href="/group/xAP_developer/post?postID=jU2k6ndb2ZXn61VIUnNqbW4fPApPrwYPF8UH2OyHGpEqkbxaSyOj-eksNGqgTk-8JrJS_-vl7LNvl_CiQKc8">lists@x...</a>]
href="/group/xAP_developer/post?postID=ue1b-C3yad0icaJzVRZuifH4Ki_iOKba8At8jXBf2qlGgN-tMI0vyjZULBG_OfD2P03iwic5NB4AROGdX8GM_N4xN_VVZmpT">xAP_developer@xxxxxxx</a>

href="/group/xAP_developer/post?postID=9OEP0hibC4jqhudIznOaHwju-ryZ9_J6PFL8TIbqHmCCm0O7xD6_NkgJ03IbZzvDkW_DHwEQ03idQtZjvQ">lists@u...</a>>
wrote:

> >Even to an extent James' apps that use multiple instances.
>
> ...and mine, I think anyway.
>
> <Stuart waves, not wanting to be left out of the party>

> --
> Stuart Booth
> xAPFramework.net - a reusable xAP framework for .net

<a
href="/group/xAP_developer/post?postID=QIiK-5yBqV4H7FYvSDKeTxQbKcKnw7eLpKbirO5MW7CiW-LSJw67cuBqAp5wje4WUUOI0WFEbyrdR7NmtwSuWApn">stuart@x...</a>