RE: Renaming of instances and SubInstances?

  • Subject: RE: Renaming of instances and SubInstances?
  • From: Ian B
  • Date: Mon, 01 Sep 2003 01:10:00 +0000

Right then, that's a wrap for tonight. I now have got rid of my heartbeat
with a status body for setting relay states. I now send a message 'this is
the new state of X'. There are 8 messages if all 8 relays change. The same
message is also sent when a timer expires but of course only for the
affected outputs.

Note though that if the programmer send a wildcarded message to all 8
relays
but only 4 change state cos the other 4 are already in the desired state
then there will only be 4 messages.

Off to bed now feeling a little envious of Kevins two bottles of wine.
Surprisingly I think I get where you are going so we need to bang heads
about this a bit more.

I read all the 'topics' before but till you actually run up against these
it
is a little tricky to visualise sometimes.

Ian