Re: Schema Was Re: Call for Participants.

  • Subject: Re: Schema Was Re: Call for Participants.
  • From: Stuart Booth
  • Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 19:35:00 +0000

On Sun, 12 Oct 2003 22:33:30 +0100, "Stuart Poulton"
<<a
href="/group/xAP_developer/post?postID=vwMcQ1p7GhIVTn-Az1pxeUXzjlhA0fTBdt31FZ-9p1vmHtz5bQPZ0Gbi5mS5b4R7UilBoCIveOpn8rmMLWb9gHcYQb-MJIM">stuart.poulton@a...</a>>
wrote:

>To compound matters within these schema the same functionalitly is
often
>carried out in different ways for example from the audio transport
>
>mode={playpausestopoffonnextprev}
>Command=[play  pause  stop  next  prev]

1. On/Off

Looks like in this case I placed On/Off in a separate class:

66
Class=SliMP3.Transport

Extensions to the SliMP3 transport mechanism. These include the
ability to turn the Slim on or off.

SliMP3.Transport
{
Command=[off  on]
}
99

What do others think? Is On/Off a general thing for an audio transport
mechanism do you feel? I have put the On/Off in a separate section as
whilst it applies to a SliMP3, I don't recall that it does to an
Exstreamer, and I'm unsure on the Rio front.

I'm easy either way. Perhaps the fact that I have to ask this question
means that it should be hoisted out of SliMP3.Transport into the
'base' class, xAP-Audio.Transport.

1b. Are Repeat and Shuffle Transport commands do you think? I have
associated them with the *Playlist* rather than the Transport in my
schema.

2. Command vs Mode.

SliMP3 use the word Mode to indicate a control statement to the SliMP3
transport e.g. Play, Stop, Next, etc. I've obviously preferred
Command. Again, whilst I'm easy either way, if anybody can express
their preference I'll make any necessary changes to the schema.

I've really just run with what I liked, but I certainly welcome any
suggestions or alterations. Without that I have no reason to change
anything I've done!

3. Weather

This came up recently in private mails. James pointed out that he has
a good collection of users for his weather application now, perhaps
locking down that schema. That's a shame actually, as the date/time is
a different field format to most others.

Perhaps we can add an extension to that suggested Date/Time format for
coordinated universal time (so how come it's UTC and not CUT?).

Date fits into Gerry Duprey's schema albeit with an exception on the
pair name.

4. I have a collection of reusable field types that I built up mainly
from the xAP audio schema. Things like numeric ranges, percentage
range, Maybe we could form a schema components library out of these
and others. That would be a nice adjunct to the full Schemas section.

Stuart Booth <<a
href="/group/xAP_developer/post?postID=Hq8fzjDNEh6wtUGQxI_ODw0cOgWZQO4VdZ9TKs2mtiJ1uC6gowaYdHuQXreiwyfziOjxeQoGGmHtN62kxpIq">stuart@x...</a>>
xAPFramework.net - a xAP software development framework for .net