RE: Re: Call for Participants.

  • Subject: RE: Re: Call for Participants.
  • From: Kevin Hawkins
  • Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2003 02:19:00 +0000

All classes named xAP. were to be 'formally' approved for the xAP spec as I
remember it - (having tried to use xap.group before unsuccessfully). I
think
the idea was to get a tried and trusted schema in place and once used ,
tweaked, loved it would become adopted & xAP'd , same with body
names.

Just a comment that you are also setting the class name and the body name
the same thing whereas the class defines the schema which is essentially a
list of the types of body parts that might be encountered (a list of body
names)

Generic input and output schemas eh ?? :-) :-)

Kevin

href="/group/xAP_developer/post?postID=YlitqIm9ts57QnCPsagfI7JY7UOtg5UICuw4HrQh70wRUpMLAH8yJHGxDXql2GzOsEJ2ZRA7smS8">mph@a...</a>]
href="/group/xAP_developer/post?postID=_C8dtlA4-DiDIPqTs2pHkU5pU7XBWpv-vgY9HaT60FwEmy--M97auo_lMqjNZl_cd4q51nigUI6EDw7kHfcJgtFr5faW">xAP_developer@xxxxxxx</a>
> Subject: [xAP_developer] Re: Call for Participants.
>
> > Come up with a schema if there isn't one already and I'll
> > encapsulate it for you in xAPFramework code to meet you half
> > way. That'll only take an hour or less depending on its
> > complexity, minutes if it's a one block-type schema.
>
> Well, I've decided that what xAP needs is a generic set of input
> schemas, which in my simple world should be called XAP-input.
>
> The first class to be defined is XAP-input.barcode which contains a
> single value "string", being, well, the scanned item as a
string.