RE: Re: Context parameters within Message Bodies

  • Subject: RE: Re: Context parameters within Message Bodies
  • From: Ian B
  • Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2003 19:12:00 +0000

>Yes I agree (been there - got the T shirt)... but what you are saying
is
>that end nodes ultimately will be receiving compiled scripts
(xAPscripts)
>telling them how to interpret the various schemas - sort of blows the
small
>pic based end nodes out of the water. Where, and who is developing
this......

I second this as from experience xAP has pushed me towards ever more
capable
processors to keep up with even the relatively simple tasks.

My ideas around the house have a lot to do with networking (Ethernet) small
nodes at the moment and to be honest the vast majority of folks interested
in HA maybe won't have a PC on 24/7. To keep our appeal as wide as possible
we should keep the hardware requirements as low as possible wherever we
can.

Don't get me wrong as I also believe the PC/Linux/etc. has a place in this
somewhere. I remember how lost I was when my own server went down for a
fortnight with a blown motherboard and power supply.

Ian