RE: xAP Serial Class

  • Subject: RE: xAP Serial Class
  • From: Paul Barrett
  • Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 20:28:00 +0000

Hi Stuart

> Just in case you missed it, did you see this post from Kevin over on
> the xAP_automation list a while back with a simple serial comms
> message schema? I bunged support for this pretty much as is into my
> xAPFramework but it's easily changed if you wanted:

Yeh, what I was thinking when I wrote the doc was more of the transmission
of the xAP Messages on to a serial bus as apposed to a command / data
specified in a message.
More for implementing serial bus/bridge/router/gateway rather than an
endpoint.

I'm not sure if this is of any real use, maybe I should just write the
xAP-485 class and not bother with the more generic one. What do you think?

Paul