Re: xAPFramework Plugins

  • Subject: Re: xAPFramework Plugins
  • From: Stuart Booth
  • Date: Sun, 09 Nov 2003 12:37:00 +0000

On Sun, 9 Nov 2003 12:19:19 -0000, "Paul Barrett"
<<a
href="/group/xAP_developer/post?postID=C2VX1s5Y4jUQpxddKoIjzdMVT7Ngv_jfUcEh0-ZsDanJ-Vxz9uv0QAF_cFDhzml8va0NV8tii3MnCVOKFo7f2g">pbarrett@r...</a>>
wrote:

>Right I've downloaded the ready-packed version and everything looks the
same
>apart from the xAPConsole versions are different (ready-packed:
v1.2.7.1,
>Console: v1.2.5.5).

Hmmm, I think that's me not updating quite everything I need. There
are so many different version numbers that I've got on the go now. And
I think the source code on the site isn't necessarily the most up to
date in some cases.

The latest ready-packed downloads of the plugin applications are
*always* the most up-to-date binaries. This is because my web packager
tool pulls in all the latest binaries it needs.

Looking at my web site I see that I haven't updated xAPConsole in a
while! v1.2.5.5 as you have.

>I noticed that the Framework dll's in the Console
"xAPFramework.net"
>directory were an older version so I updates them to the ones I
compiled for
>the earlier tests and now it comes up with:
> Additional information: Method not found: Void
>KCS.xAP.Framework.Plugins.xAPPluginEntry.InitialiseMultiPluginData().
>Any Ideas?

There is definitely a mismatch going on and it's probably because
you're running the v1.2.5.5 xAPConsole application. I sneakily changed
the interface contract relatively recently as I really didn't think
anybody would notice. Caught out because I didn't update the other
files... Darn. d;-)

Unless you've VB-ified the console application, you could just replace
it with the later one.

>Sorry for all the questions, I'm sure I must be getting on a bit
annoying by
>now :)

Not at all !!!! It's great to hear about somebody using all of this at
last. And if you are having fun with it all, then we're both winning.

Let me update everything on the web site. That should be entertaining
as it'll bring in a great number of changes I've made to various
things.

Stuart Booth <<a
href="/group/xAP_developer/post?postID=uqtvGqn4ytJ5ou-Jt4Px1UWRgO_SIJK9kLQ0P6xticAje1N4foWVUxTL_wpYxiY5fMVqhNePNvcXYXY0_1E">stuart@x...</a>>
xAPFramework.net - a xAP software development framework for .net