xAPFramework Plugins

  • Subject: xAPFramework Plugins
  • From: Paul Barrett
  • Date: Sun, 09 Nov 2003 10:46:00 +0000

Hi Stuart

I am trying to get the NewMailOSD plugin to work with the Console Runtime.

I found I had to put all the Framework dll's in the Plugins directory along
with the NewEmailOSD.dll, Is this normal?

Once the dll's are in the Plugins directory and I run the xAPConsole.exe it
loads the plugin with the following info
xAP New Email OSD (v1.2.8.0)
Displaying NEW e-mail alerts
Displaying e-mail quantity status notifications
The Displaying lines change as I change the xAPConsole.exe.config file as
I'd expect but the plugin never seems to receive any messages. Any Ideas
what I'm doing wrong?

One other thing the Source I converted to VB.NET is version 1.2.7.0 but the
binary I downloaded to test with is version 1.2.8.0, Is there much
difference between the two?

BTW I like the way the plugin setup works!! and I think I'll use it for my
xAP-485 Bridge as I didn't realy think abount the UI.

Thanks
Paul