Re: xAP-485 Bridge Software

  • Subject: Re: xAP-485 Bridge Software
  • From: Edward Pearson
  • Date: Sat, 08 Nov 2003 18:45:00 +0000

I've found the following Serial Driver works very well as it's a
native .Net implementation on top of the Win32 API. I've used it
with C# and Stuart's framework to test a temperature sensor board
(the Quasar one).

The distribution includes examples in C# and VB.Net

Edward

--- In <a
href="/group/xAP_developer/post?postID=KPYPCUXHscVIFa8GtyQ8IxJYzsMOmxqAHSlm0P118qVvkdhqusdVvsqADzUJp4YHZ19VDdMbvx6AQISPS4G0k0F1vk7S2Ks">xAP_developer@xxxxxxx</a>,
Stuart Booth <lists@x> wrote:
> Apologies in advance if I state the obvious anywhere! I've got a
bit
> of catching up to do with you here I think.
>
> On Sat, 8 Nov 2003 11:24:26 -0000, "Paul Barrett"
> <pbarrett@r...> wrote:
>
> >> So you need an application on the PC that takes incoming xAP
messages
> >> and transmits them to the PC serial port?
> >
> >Yeh thats right but also receive from the PC Serial port and
transmit on
> >ethernet
>
> There isn't any built in support for serial comms in .net. But you
can
> use various OCXs easily enough. You may even have a licence for
MSComm
> (which needs VS6 or VB6 installed) already.
>
> Alternatively here's a C# class that I picked up off the Internet
> somewhere that I've used in the past:
>
> <<a href="http://www.xapframework.net/modules.php?";>http://www.xapframework.net/modules.php?</a>
name=Downloads&amp;d_op=viewdownload&amp;cid=21>

> There's probably several other options available to. I've got this
> high on my ToDo list but haven't managed to get to it yet
> unfortunately.
>
> >I use VS.NET 2002 at the moment although I am looking at getting
VS.NET 2003

> In that case you'll probably find that my solution file won't open
in
> 2002 as it's a VS.net 2003 file. I did use 2002 initially but
quickly
> swapped over to the 2003beta in its early release form.
>
> There's nothing special in my solution file so if you wanted to
create
> a VS.net2002 version I can walk you through that.
>
> Basically you just need to delete the .sln, .suo, and .csproj files
> from the source download package. Then create a solution with 4
> projects named:
>
> xAPMessage
> xAPTransport
> xAPSchemas
> xAPUtilities
>
> The source download also has xAPCallerID, which you can add later.
> Then copy the source files from the download into the above
folders,
> and add the files. There's a neat option in the Solution Explorer
of
> VS.net titles "Show All Files" which makes adding new files
very
easy