Re: xAPFramework KCS.Utilities

  • Subject: Re: xAPFramework KCS.Utilities
  • From: Stuart Booth
  • Date: Sat, 08 Nov 2003 15:05:00 +0000

On Sat, 8 Nov 2003 14:58:07 -0000, "Paul Barrett"
<<a
href="/group/xAP_developer/post?postID=zj7vcdmz0omWMSbc1V0JD9mSowNsYh1u-RXZvuxof4ZDgYemR7qE1FVUHPj9nESxXxPKvV1g9D_DyyPb2Go">pbarrett@r...</a>>
wrote:

>I am now working on the HubClient App rewrite into VB and found that
the
>KCS.Utilities supplied with the framework in the References directory
is
>version 1.0.6.0 but the source I used to recompile this is only version
>1.0.4.0.

Ah, oops, yes. That'll be a project I've neglected to upgrade on the
web site. The reason for that is my web packaging utility isn't
configured to handle those 'external' projects automatically because
they're kept in a separate location on my HD.

Give me a wee while and I'll have it updated.

>This creates a warning in the Hub Client app telling me that it can't
>overwrite the 1.0.4.0 version with the 1.0.6.0 decpendency of the
framework.

Watch out for that error in future. It is an incredibly irritating
message as you can clean out all versions of such-and-such a DLL until
you're blue in the face and it'll still fail to build, simply because
there is *something else* somewhere that you haven't rebuilt to link
to the newer version.

I've got 3 totally separate 'Solutions' on the go, each with multiple
projects within them ; xAP, CallerID stuff and a collection of utility
libraries. Various projects pull in various items across all of these
and if just one of them hasn't been rebuilt, I have in the past gone
mad trying to find it! But now I know what the problem is it's easily
solved. Took me a while the first couple of times though :-))

Stuart Booth <<a
href="/group/xAP_developer/post?postID=IB0T7UhE_FMWik1qGhiyM2SdgDkMURTD1VSnLasxPKuI95mGynSJa-8Daurvp4DENyo9yjQBxAqlRoMTNuDBsw">stuart@x...</a>>
xAPFramework.net - a xAP software development framework for .net