Re: xAP-485 Bridge Software

  • Subject: Re: xAP-485 Bridge Software
  • From: Stuart Booth
  • Date: Sat, 08 Nov 2003 11:18:00 +0000

Heya Paul,

This is exciting! Somebody about to use my framework. I'll be very
interested to discover how you get on; what you don't like, what
doesn't work as you'd expect it etc. Everything can be improved upon
so if you hit a problem, just shout.

On Sat, 8 Nov 2003 11:08:46 -0000, "Paul Barrett"
<<a
href="/group/xAP_developer/post?postID=CmYp0KWxqbRkKHaVeUOPDbB8vcUIkPKiGTNf2Iakuf9OxqEuZ5naL9J--YgmJDCENhLlcqSp1UuFwL-IN1o">pbarrett@r...</a>>
wrote:

>Now that I have my xAP-485 Connector which connects to a PC Serial port
and
>converts the messages to RS485 for the PIC nodes to process. I am
looking to
>make the xAPplication (using Stuart's xAPFramework) to bridge the two
>networks.

Where does the 485 Connector sit? Is that on the PC side or on the
hardware end? I assume the latter.

So you need an application on the PC that takes incoming xAP messages
and transmits them to the PC serial port?

>Could you please give me some advise as to how you would go about
>implementing this. Also should I be incrementing the hop value in the
header
>of the messages been passed through

I'm not sure on this one, sorry.

> and how are the UID's handled for the two networks.

I'll have to leave that for Kevin as I'm not completely sure. I've as
yet done nothing in this particular arena.

>I have a working knowledge of Visual Basic and have just started
working
>with the .NET Framework.

What do you use to compile VB.net apps?

Stuart Booth <<a
href="/group/xAP_developer/post?postID=OKEjTDVF8o9lVLsdy6Op-_zWAFsRXxovIbZgzyt-OJbU6oNzN5O4DXN2ZFqGdQICXdTycLR2cEDcn-blAEMQ8g">stuart@x...</a>>
xAPFramework.net - a xAP software development framework for .net