RE: IMPORTANT xAP Basic Status and Control

  • Subject: RE: IMPORTANT xAP Basic Status and Control
  • From: Kevin Hawkins
  • Date: Mon, 03 Nov 2003 17:26:00 +0000

Ok - no shouts of dissent so I declare the xAP basic status and control
proposal as accepted.

I shall now re-code my xAP C-Bus interface to use these. Please bear in
mind
that this should be supported by all applications as the standard way to do
things. Of course you may add your own more fully featured schemas, bells
and whistles as well.

Although this will mainly only affect xAP applications that control a
hardware device, there are some existing software apps that will benefit
from using the schema and policy too. We may need to revisit things like
the
X10 xAP to ensure they conform. There is also an overlap area where
software 'devices' or 'endpoints' within an application may be best
represented as individual UID's - meaning that they supply a status or
informational content.

With the possibility of container applications I think we may see the need
for one container to possibly masquerade it's several components as
individual different UID's each with none or more hardware subs. Meaning
that within say FFxxxx00 there may be a need to use several xxxx values
from one container. FF122300 FF122301 FF122302 FF122400 FF122500 etc.

Kevin

href="/group/xAP_developer/post?postID=GWvnMs3MywSGB88syFJS-QSA2NTxuUCSflg-ideETNl_mHnOw19kWHRB1Xu_gqVS_KfPEo-Bvba7NHa3Sypht9M">lists@u...</a>]
href="/group/xAP_developer/post?postID=jnOZnLkrZ9GmxBUcK9xdoFR6Z6GFn8wDjQcDCuyivp3HBpnOyKeOhySSaxLsUDrwel58IGWWq-XEx_ObSkVKzzRoXwPxGg">xAP_developer@xxxxxxx</a>