Re: Questions...

  • Subject: Re: Questions...
  • From: JamesTraynor
  • Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 09:49:00 +0000

I been thinking more on this and have started to think simple is not
the answer but general is. So I looked at all the osd schemas i
could find and came up with this:

class=message.display

Display.Text
--- mandatory section
{
Line1=(text to display)
--- mandatory
Line2=(text to display)
--- optional
Line3=(text to display)
--- optional
Line4=(text to display)
--- optional
Line5=(text to display)
--- optional
Priority=(1 to 9 9 being lowest)
--- mandatory
Duration=(seconds to display)
--- optional
}
Display.look
--- optional section
{
Align=[Left  Centre  Right .Alignment of text inside the text box]
--- optional
xPos=(0 to 254 value for left/right position of text box)
--- optional
yPos=(0 to 254 value for up/down position of text box)
--- optional
Fcol=(html rgb colour value eg. ee44dd)
--- optional
Bcol=(html rgb colour value eg. ee44dd)
--- optional
}
Display.web
--- optional section
{
pic=(url of picture to go with message)
--- optional
url=(url of message for display)
--- optional
link=(url of link to more info on message)
--- optional
}

Yes I know it's long but it could look like this in use:

class=message.display

Display.Text
{
Line1=Hello
Priority=5
}

xPos and yPos are to provide the screen postion in a relative way not
absolute So a value of 80 doesn't mean column 80 on a tivo but 80/254
the way accross the screen. This way it works for any screen device.
Questions?
1,How many characters should we allow per line?
2,Is five lines right or should it be four?
3,Priority.. Should we make the table or leave it up to the end user?

James