Questions...

  • Subject: Questions...
  • From: JamesTraynor
  • Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 20:55:00 +0000

I am finishing off the viewer for my xAP Watcher program, and have hit
a brick wall. I want it to generate an alert when certain criteria
are met. Thats the easy bit, but now what, shoud I make the app send
emails/run apps/popup messages or should it send out a
"xap.alert"
message. This kinda leads on to a lack in xAP standard schema or maybe
my understanding of it. Should we have a set of very standard schema
for some very standard tasks like:
Send email
Send SMS
Run program
Display message
etc.
Things like the display message exist but seem to be very specific
like Stuart's slimp3 connector but should we be looking for a standard
like:
class=display.message
messgae
{
message=Server has blown up
Priority=high
}
Very simple very protable and realistically all the functions you
need. Add a target if needed, add more options if needed but assume
they might get ignored.
It seems we are ending up with many very well thought out but very
specific schemas, would now be a good time get some of these basics
set out...
or am talking rubish?

James

P.S. is it me or has xapautomation.org stopped updating? It's last
update was early Jan.. Kinda makes xAP look like it's stopped!