Re: xAPplications - system monitoring....

  • Subject: Re: xAPplications - system monitoring....
  • From: Stuart Booth
  • Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 20:51:00 +0000

On Tue, 20 May 2003 15:52:53 -0000, "mark_harrison_uk2"
<<a
href="/group/xAP_developer/post?postID=oLMhTocVbz4a-ESxVop0bx4RQ1X-G-dmzAKBaIOtrgnfZCBO3Rg86rtj-6e-NeFBI9JZKruG9wMctzI">mph@a...</a>>
wrote:

>- 1: An App that broadcasts things like CPU utilisation, RAM
>utilisation, and "% free disk space"

CPU utilisation ... now there's a way to detect when a processor
intensive task has completed, when it doesn't offer any hookable
notification events e.g. completion, job segment commencement,
whatever.

Detecting utilisation dropping below some threshold could be hooked
into knowing what was previously running in order to generate a pseudo
completion OSD message.

Perhaps we'd have to start it manually so that the monitor knew that
what is currently executing.

Nice .... I'm thinking in terms of TiVo -> SVCD / DVD MPEG2 encoding
here, with TMPGenc primarily, as that's the thing I'd often like to
have notification of completion appear on TiVo.

Stuart Booth
xAPFramework.net - a reusable xAP framework for .net

<a
href="/group/xAP_developer/post?postID=-wnovpa1AzDaC_2rtGKtyOqMFdlT1ZUZQUtj67UbvOHbQIG2u4yPkY7dGeguQykmkq70RMlbMS6yr5LTDz0">stuart@x...</a>