xAPplications - system monitoring....

  • Subject: xAPplications - system monitoring....
  • From: mark_harrison_uk2
  • Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 16:52:00 +0000

Actually, this is what we (Mary and I) are working on.

At the moment, for Windows, but Linux is a possibility.

The applications in question are:

- 1: An App that broadcasts things like CPU utilisation, RAM
utilisation, and "% free disk space"

- 2: An App that listens for 1:, and fires off warnings when things
exceed trigger values

- 3: An App that listens for 1:, and logs it to a database

- 4: A web-based front end to configure the triggers in 2:, and view
the logs in 3:

Given I'm from a systems management background rather than a
programming background, I know what I want :-)

Mary _is_ from a programming background :-)

Beta launch date: 2-4 weeks weeks

Regards,

Mark