Re: Providing policy around messages (was Re: Feedback from UHKA 2003)

  • Subject: Re: Providing policy around messages (was Re: Feedback from UHKA 2003)
  • From: Stuart Booth
  • Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 10:57:00 +0000

On Tue, 20 May 2003 09:38:43 -0000, "Patrick Lidstone"
<<a
href="/group/xAP_developer/post?postID=Fm33F-N0FdIkRez939VvdUA-z9clYQj73zWSXt_wBbWOLCg_4hQjRbMYApz7SYK7F8pPyg5EpjB66GKkuw">patrick@l...</a>>
wrote:

>No, you're not off-piste, I'm just behind you software wise!

Well your truly mighty list of xAPps shows what you've been doing...

Basically I have a small xAPSchemas.DLL file that can be included with
any xAPplications written with my framework. It appears with several
of my own already. Most of the schemas I've encapsulated are
implemented in this (WHA, SliMP3, Slim/TiVo OSD, Internet Dialup).

The only stand-out one so far is the CallerID schema which has its own
separate DLL simply because it depends on some of my Caller-ID.net
software, and I don't want to unnecessarily couple that with the rest
of xAPFramework.net.

>So, taking the idea one step further - can you/do you provide some
>kind of "schema import" facility in your framework? If that
>interoperated with http/xml/a.n.other tcp based protocol, we could
>then provide developers with a global schema repository, they upload
>the schema they want to use into their app, write a couple of lines
>of code to plug in the values they want to send/recieve and away they
>go, xAP done.
>
>Bargain!

You know, that thought makes me think of one of the (many) really cool
features in .net. I believe I can actually dynamically *build* a code
library to support some schema I import somewhere/somehow, at
run-time, in code. That would be really fun ... reads in some kind of
style sheet/whatever => pumps out dynamically generated reusable code.
Whether or not it would be worth the effort I'm not sure.

As for your thought above, I don't have anything like that at the
moment. But it is making me ponder xAP integration to the popular HA
software out there. More later.

Stuart Booth
xAPFramework.net - a reusable xAP framework for .net

<a
href="/group/xAP_developer/post?postID=6P-btGVsRWXGk6T9PhbvW4fHR5SuivYX6e1gVG_yqx2cTIcHUybXYOp9vr4MH2gUJwf1Tx8jUcuf6tYlBHUA">stuart@x...</a>