Re: Providing policy around messages (was Re: Feedback from UHKA 2003)

  • Subject: Re: Providing policy around messages (was Re: Feedback from UHKA 2003)
  • From: Stuart Booth
  • Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 10:32:00 +0000

On Tue, 20 May 2003 08:32:58 -0000, "Patrick Lidstone"
<<a
href="/group/xAP_developer/post?postID=011_Am4-1WE03wxs6h__f471YXiBL2RCDWeKxI_nXe9vaG4OBHP_7dNCcZBBAbEAgDPMCjku_Z0lE7Q">patrick@l...</a>>
wrote:

>I'd also like to extend the xAP software frameworks to allow pre-
>defined schema to be used as templates, pinching David Buckleys ideas
>again.

I'm not quite sure what you mean here. Kevin mentioned some std On/Off
+ Level values in a very basic schema definition.

If I've interpret you correctly then I've already been doing something
like this for a good while now - taking a pre-defined xAP schema and
implementing it as a series of (optional) classes built into the SDK,
which can then be dropped into any message body.

This is why I've been quite keen on getting the various schemas I'm
using defined recently. I can then encapsulate them in my framework.
I've found it makes writing a xAPplication extremely easy, and I'll
continue to encapsulate new schemas that we invent in future too.

Or am I off-piste on your original comment?

> Integrating XSLT support would also be nice (with a mapping
>between xml and xAP messages by rule) - this might make the whole xAP
>framework more accessible?

Would this help offer a link to MS' "Spot" thingy, or whatever it
was
called, perhaps. Not that I've read/heard much about that since it was
first raised in UKHA_D a fair while ago.

I'm neutral on XSLT support at the moment as I've not got a use for it
myself. I'm sure that will change though!

Stuart Booth
xAPFramework.net - a reusable xAP framework for .net

<a
href="/group/xAP_developer/post?postID=iti9fE4DH83DnfWngs-Eq-T2dG02U99vb3yg8QZd61Bh2nNTtQs5Oo41k-8_OlWytDxQys8LAhLiaGYoBqrm">stuart@x...</a>