Re: xAPplications - what''s avaialble...

  • Subject: Re: xAPplications - what''s avaialble...
  • From: Patrick Lidstone
  • Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 18:41:00 +0000

IRMan interface
Win/Lin - could add Rabbit/PIC on request
Release
Non-chargeable
Infra-red to xAP interface for the IRMan IR interface.

Barcode interface
Win/Lin/Rabbit - could add PIC on request
Release
Non-chargeable
Barcode scanner to xAP interface for the Scanteam barcode scanner

Web/WAP/Cache
Win/Lin
Release
Non-chargeable
Web and WAP interface for xAP; caches last known values up to 10 deep
for any xAP message allowing simple rendering of web pages. Can be
nested within another web server (e.g. apache) if required.

CCTV Switcher
Lin
Release
Non-chargeable
CCTV camera selector. Requires simple homebrew hardware. Can be used
to switch other low voltage sources e.g. line level audio.

X-10 CM12U
Lin/Win
Release
Non-chargeable
X-10 send/receive interface.

Comfort Interface
Lin/Win
Release
Non-chargeable
Full bi-directional interface to all comfort functionality.

xap display (LCD/VFD driver)
Lin/Win/Rabbit/PIC
Release
Non-chargeable
Simple driver interface to xAP. Version with intelligent decision
engine will be release late Q2/early Q3.

xap display (tivo)
Lin/Win/Rabbit/PIC
Alpha/beta
Non-chargeable
Simple driver interface to xAP. Some issues with stability which I
haven't got round to fixing. Late Q2?

Text Messaging interface
Lin/Win
Release
Non-chargeable
Send and receive text messages via ETSI compliant phone or modem.

POP3 Mail interface
Lin/Win
Release (late Beta - some known issues with some POP clients)
Non-chareable
Poll mailbox periodically for new mail notification

Meteor Caller ID
Lin/Win/Rabbit
Release
N/C
Meteor caller id interface. I have now been loaned a later model
unit, and will add support for this late Q2.

Quasar temperature interface
Lin/Win - Rabbit on request
Release
N/C
Interface to the quasar temperature board - reports up to four
temperatures.

Event scheduler
Lin/Win
Release
N/C
Simple event scheduler

Test harnesses
Lin/Win
Release
Send and receive messages to/from a file

Weather station interface (Oregon scientific/WS918)
Lin/Win
Release
Full weather status reporting.

Weather station interface (One wire)
Lin
Have had this working but never finished it. Can look at it again if
required.

Central controller / xAP in a box
Lin
Semi-commercial
Self contained CF with a fixed set of services. I can make the CF
available through multithread if there is interest.

SLIM MP3 support
Win/Lin
N/C
Supports audio transport schema. Still to add proper xAP display
support. Haven't got round to publishing this yet.

Barix MP3 support
Win/Lin
N/C
Supports audio transport schema. Haven't got round to publishing this
yet.

Bridge
Lin/Win/Rabbit
N/C
Bridge ethernet and RS232 or 485 domains. Late beta.

Hub
Lin/Win/Rabbit/Tivo/Pocket PC

Router
Lin/Win
Remote internet access to the xAP network. Late beta, security needs
beefing up a bit.

Dev kit - VB
Win
Active X control
N/C for home use
Late beta, some enhancements and minor bug fixes required. Documented!

Dev Kit - GCC
Lin/Win
C developers kit
N/C
Very solid, would benefit from tidying up a little bit. Documented!

Dev Kit - Python
Lin (Win build should be easy but I've never done it)
Very solid... Documented.

In the works:

Dev Kit - PIC
PIC
PIC developers kit. Never got round to releasing this. Includes full
parser in 500 bytes. Minimal docs yet.

xAP Dash - Config software
Win
Global view of the network from a single point. Auto discovery of all
xAP components, with open architecture plugin support for
config/testing. Alpha quality.

RIO Support
Dell Rio
Started this and got sidetracked.

Rabbit Interface Personalities
Rabbit
Ethernet xAP connectivity for meteor caller id/ meridian amp /
polaron / comfort using an embedded core. Happy for more suggestions
for interfacing to anything that is serial based.

PIC telemetry board
Light / temp/ humidity/sound/motion.

Dev Kit - Local decision engine
Byte-code compiled decision engine allows for distributed if-then-
else logic which can either be permanently active or activated only
when a specific heartbeat is lost.

xAP enabled scales
I've got the scales, I've taken them apart. Now I just have to xAP
enable them :-)

----------------

Personal Wish list items:

- Support for the asterisk PBX, allowing for remote device control,
call logging, and PBX routing control via xAP

- integration with SNOM phones to allow for device control via LCD
and keypad on the phone locally.

- xAP enabled CCTV movement detection
Either modify Zoneminder, if it's not open source, clone it.

----------------

General Wish list items:

I know that people would like to see:

- Homeseer support

- Ace support

- Latest version xAP support on Autom8it

- Homevision support.

I can take some or all of these on. To do HV would need someone to
loan me an HV controller (yeah, like that's going to happen :-)

Oh, and also:

- Integration with Outlook calendar, Outlook "today" and Outlook
address book.

I'm sure I've forgotten stuff, but that's the basic list

Patrick