Re: xAP on ACE support needed

  • Subject: Re: xAP on ACE support needed
  • From: Patrick Lidstone
  • Date: Sat, 03 May 2003 14:11:00 +0000

--- In <a
href="/group/xAP_developer/post?postID=BSi-IwvIKa8wWIKb-YZfewTh5J9N0JXe0P3n52uaX4i4m5dDA6dMKD9xUFEnDLvFS4BmyHVjVYVs-RRbfvlKwQdHV6E">xAP_developer@xxxxxxx</a>,
Stuart Booth <lists@s...> wrote:
> On Fri, 2 May 2003 09:23:49 +0100, steve.cooper@u... wrote:
>
> >I enquired with Dan on the ACE list about xAP support, details of
his
> >response below.
>
> I know Kenneth Watt would be very interested in this too. He was
> asking Patrick and myself about this a few weeks back, but I had to
> admit that it's something that's way down my own priority list.

Yes, I agree it's important. I have to admit that I've never even
looked at ACE...
I think what he means by the "exe" business is that you could
build a
standalone binary which bridges xAP and ACE? I can't see any reason
offhand why he shouldn't be able to build xAP support into ACE using
the ActiveX as it stands - although I'd need to come to an
arrangement re. licencing. Perhaps time for Mark H. to
initiate/reopen the dialogue?

Patrick