Re: xAP-OSD schema

  • Subject: Re: xAP-OSD schema
  • From: Stuart Booth
  • Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2003 10:45:00 +0000

On Sat, 15 Mar 2003 10:40:12 +0000, Stuart Booth
<<a
href="/group/xAP_developer/post?postID=xDTdWrSv5r9dKq7RKIm9BObjZwKmikMOMuTNNhxCG_Ka_sM_rKZNQIWIqSesXbMkx1nSUJ9P6grhEtM">lists@s...</a>>
wrote:

>Class = xAP-OSD.xAP-Display
>
>Display.TiVo
>{
[munch]
> Delay=(seconds to display)
> --- optional
[munch]
>}

One tweak would be to use the same keyword for the display duration of
the text. I prefer "Duration" myself (which I used in the
Display.SliMP3 block. "Delay" suggests a pause before the text is
displayed in some ways.

>Display.SliMP3
>{
[munch]
> AlignLine1=[Left  Centre  Right]
> --- optional (Left aligntment is assumed if not present)
> AlignLine2=[Left  Centre  Right]
> --- optional (Left aligntment is assumed if not present)
>}

To compress the length of the alignment settings and the whole xAP
message, they could be changed to "Align1" and
"Align2".

Thus,

Class = xAP-OSD.xAP-Display

Display.TiVo
{
Text=(text to display)
--- mandatory
Duration=(seconds to display)
--- optional
Priority=[HighMediumLow] (may override current msg)
--- optional (Low is assumed if not stated)
Row=(screen line)
--- optional
Column=(screen column)
--- optional
Foreground=(foreground colour rgb)
--- optional
Background=(background colour rgb)
--- optional
}

Display.SliMP3
{
Line1="Text to display"
--- mandatory
Line2="Text to display"
--- mandatory
Duration="Duration to display in seconds"
--- mandatory

Align1=[Left  Centre  Right]
--- optional (Left aligntment is assumed if not present)
Align2=[Left  Centre  Right]

--
Stuart Booth
Somewhere in Buckinghamshire, England, UK

<a
href="/group/xAP_developer/post?postID=XupyF1kne92BwYQwNpW0OZZp-_MfygsWX_feq7EKulqdfoUDyOW3nhAT1om3Y7UfILRu1zu50t7XC-4tRR-C2Q">stuart@s...</a>