Re: Info Required

  • Subject: Re: Info Required
  • From: Stuart Booth
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 22:01:00 +0000

On Mon, 30 Jun 2003 20:19:38 +0100, "Stuart Poulton"
<<a
href="/group/xAP_developer/post?postID=mR6cSynTFBvoOrCFdvofmdS51h_rn-I-oFNMGswpGAdQld07hpz4lIvtskKHq0ib-fUx4qwJU82OZsoP96_7F83cN5c">stuart.poulton@a...</a>>
wrote:

>Hi All,
>
>I'd be gratefull if active xAP developers could provide me with a short
"Who
>am I, and what I'm doing" (or whatever the management speak is)
paragraph
>for the xAP website.

Well I'm not sure what tone you want this in, but I kind of fancied
writing it in the style below :-)

66
Stuart Booth
www.xapframework.net

A C++ Windows developer of several years, Stuart started exploring
Microsoft's .net Framework in early '02 with a view to writing some
cunning software to interface with a Meteor CallerID device. As
thoughts turned to how to propagate this information around the Home
Area Network, xAP was a perfectly timed and quite pivotal innovation
that really captured his imagination.

Eight months since starting work on a software development kit
encapsulation of the xAP protocol he's currently working on a standard
series of user interfaces for xAPFramework.net based xAPplications.
Work progresses when there isn't much motorsport on at the weekend and
when the weather is cooler/wetter...
99

If that's not what you had in mind, let me know and I'll have a stab
at another draft.

Gee, you asked for a "short ... paragraph" and I end up writing 2
long
ones. My friends at work would only nod and say, "Yup, that's Stuart
for you..."

>Also are developers happy to have their e-mail list on-line, I'm happy
>provide aliases from @xapautomation.org if this helps.

I'd go for an alias. I get enough spam as it is without inviting web
crawling bots onto my email details. Or if you could stealth it in the
manner talked about recently on UKHA_D...???

I guess "<a
href="/group/xAP_developer/post?postID=TeSW2SBkNF7cV96BnmnXE09h6zKwMm7e47_aoN7KhfrknnhXuOMkSDgKZboCsoonVurzVxrv7Hc8N6b-tuE">stuart@x...</a>"
is already taken? ;-)

Stuart Booth
xAPFramework.net - a reusable xAP framework for .net

<a
href="/group/xAP_developer/post?postID=DVRgSW6PVrFqQrKb43wGugVNLasm4uo9C6czmhVkcUEku_wbL51LJ9mJrYoV7FqRK7Hu-be9HvA9ULgyVz8">stuart@x...</a>