xAP Watcher beta2 released

  • Subject: xAP Watcher beta2 released
  • From: JamesTraynor
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 00:18:00 +0000

Phew, big changes, a few squashed bugs and some cool bits so enjoy!

Watcher now outputs all active processes as part of it's broadcast. It
now has a built in alert generator for CPU, memory usage and drive
space. Added the ability to request via xAP the current status and to
change the alert genertor's trigger values via xAP. But and this is
the big but, the big change is in display. Watcher is now a client for
display messages. When received watcher will display the message in a
nice big always on-top window with things like display time and
alignment all set by the xAP message. Yes i know, What display
schema?... Well I'm using a very basic schema at the moment and will
update the app to the final schema when it exists. Watcher will also
emulate a Slimp3 (Stuart's schema) to fit in with current setups. As
well as receiving display schema it will also display cid.incoming and
news.alert. This means it will display any incoming calls and change
of news headlines from my xAP news app. All the
alerts/messages/options can be set via a menu off the tray icon.

As you can guess there are alot of new features here so there might
well be bugs, it's been running at home fine for a while so fingers
crossed...

Also a minor issue with my programs came up over the weekend with
regards to Stuarts framework. Basically I had included
"type=alive"
in the heartbeat message, this is an xAP v1.1 thing and should have
gone for v1.2. It will be removed in all future apps. It should
cause no real problems except for causing a header error in any of
Staurt's apps. It should be noted that everything works as it should,
it just makes the .net framework generate an error....oops my bad!!

James

www.mi4.biz