RE: POP3 mailboxes and subaddresses

  • Subject: RE: POP3 mailboxes and subaddresses
  • From: Kevin Hawkins
  • Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2003 14:55:00 +0000

Hi Stuart,

Certainly putting the server name as a hardware sub will help me
substantially in identifying the source - this is all tied up with this
whole topic of 'context' within message bodies. I still feel we need a way
of tagging the name/value pairs that carry context within such bodies.
Hardware subs are all well and good but they can't cater for the complex
and
sometimes overlapping contexts that can appear in real life. Has anyone had
any more thoughts on this ??

Re the specific question I feel that the targeted message makes the
most sense but this has strong overlaps with basic status and control -
have
you had a look to see if you can support that at all ? In BSC there is a
specific status request mechanism that is targetted at the fully qualified
source address (including hardware sub) and a more general mechanism
implemented via the application address (no hardware sub addressing and the
'00' UID).

Kevin

href="/group/xAP_developer/post?postID=bIfnX04Lra-oAGwHPMC0sDX-B67XDOMWY31GJdneQ-fZunDiNhdulVx4uyLHX-kudQ_TcgjhxLwmB-QQIxg">lists@x...</a>]
href="/group/xAP_developer/post?postID=uahwVsOaXo9abM5-dgtzrBS4dglywoeekIVJ8mSYVR3KU9IVrfT6nAd9g_kAahvWeKaAsuTZJI-xcywJ5O-hUSVsJsUw">xAP_developer@xxxxxxx</a>